HOW TO WRITE A CREEPYPASTA.Edit
- By wikiHow.
- 1 Decide what your creepy pasta will be about. An abandoned building? A meme, like Slender Man or Zalgo? A failed experiment? A ghostly serial killer? A crazy person? There are many great topics for creepy pasta, and the possibilities are endless.
- 2 Develop your characters and your setting. Remember that this is not a novel, so you don't have to be too in-depth.
- 3 Start writing the plot. For creepy pasta, a first-person narrative is usually the most effective. How will it begin? A dark, tall man lurking in the woods? A series of entries from a failed government project? A person going and purchasing a demonic doll that happens to like mutilating children? Usually, a more morbid beginning is better, but remember, there may be kids out there reading your pasta.
- 4 Edit, edit, edit! Most first drafts aren't perfect. If you want your pasta to be successful, then editing is a must. Edit them once a day, re-read them and repeat the following day. Remember to look out for nasty grammar and spelling errors!
- 5 Publish it, whether on your website, another website or even the Creepypasta Wiki.
- Be careful not to use too many cliches. For example, cramming the word "blood" into your story for shock value over and over again. Too many cliches can turn your creepy pasta into a laugh fest!
- Don't overuse plots, like a Lost Pokemon Game.
- Be open to criticism. If you do not take suggestions, your pasta may not be as popular as it could've been. Remember that it's not what you want, it's what they want.
- Remember that if you post it on a wiki, other people may make improvements to it. Not all of these 'improvements' will be good, so you may want to check on it occasionally to see if there has been vandalism, spam or simply just bad editing.